The progression of myopia amongst children can also be treated with special soft contact lenses!
MiSight® 1 day is a soft contact lens that uses ActivControlTM Technology to slow the elongation of the eyes. A technology that can simultaneously correct your child’s vision today, while training their eyes to resist growing longer.
These lenses feature unique zones designed with different powers and are worn like normal contacts during the day. The wearer only sees distant objects through several sections, while other sections of the lenses only have corrective power for near objects.
This special geometry sends signals to the eye, essentially tricking the eye to slow Myopia.
Benefits beyond standard vision correction
- Potentially slowing myopia progression during their growing years
- Offering a comfortable wearing experience
- Avoiding the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Accommodating a more active lifestyle
- Providing children who wear contact lenses a significantly better quality of life than children wearing glasses, especially regarding athletics and appearance
- MiSight® 1 day are the first and only soft contact lenses that are FDA approved to slow the progression of myopia in children age 8-12 at initiation of treatment.