ZEISS has developed LightPro Technology®, a new plano lens solution that filters only the right amount of polarized light, to cut annoying glare while preserving visual information.
Perceive up to 80% higher contrast compared to a standard polarized lens for comfortable and sharp vision.
- Glare is greatly reduced
- Visual information is still amply available but the intensity is reduced
- Vision comfort and acuity are ensured
- Contrast and depth are well perceived
- LightPro Technology® also allows for good readability of digital screens such as navigation systems, smartphone screens, TV or PC monitors, etc.
New Thermo Force Technology®
An outdoor polarized lens which keeps your eyes safe from environmental hazards and reduces over 90% of infrared radiations.
- Infrared protection – stops up to 5X more infrared light than standard polarized lenses
- Glare free vision – thanks to the polarized filter, for high image definition and contrast
- Shatter resistance – Thermo Force material molecular structure is more impact-resistant
- Total UV Protection
- Visual clarity – prevents visual fatigue thanks to low haze and high material transparency
About infrared radiations
The sun’s radiation is a continuous spectrum made up of electromagnetic waves with higher or lower energy. Visible light, also know as visible spectrum, is the portion visible to human eye, allowing it to distinguish shapes and colors. The eyes are also exposed to two other kinds of energy: ultraviolet light (UV) and the infrared (IR) rays.
Up to 53% of sunlight is made of infrared radiation which cannot be seen by the human eye but is perceived as heat.
Extreme conditions and excessive heat can be harmful and lead to discomfort for the eyes. Thermo Force lens differs from a standard polarized lens because it absorbs over 90% of infrared rays between 780 and 2000 nm.